Is Massachusetts the worst state for Latinos? A recent study points to yes. Plus, a leader in the Latinx community proclaims he supports President Trump’s border wall. Will the current president of LULAC keep his position? And what happens when two marginalized communities come together over food? All that and more on our Latinx roundtable!
- Julio Ricardo Varela, co-host of the “In The Thick” podcast, Latino USA contributor and founder of Latino Rebels. Follow Julio on Twitter.
- Maria Cramer, reporter for the Boston Globe. Follow Maria on Twitter.
Stories and topics we discussed in this week’s roundtable:
- Bay State Banner: Massachusetts named worst state for Latinos
- Boston Globe: Boston’s invisible — yet resilient — Latino community
- Boston Globe: Massachusetts had the chance to break the glass ceiling in education. The board blinked.
- Boston Globe: US Latino group leader slammed for endorsing new border wall
- Latino USA: LULAC Censures Organization President For Writing Trump Immigration Letter
- Latino Rebels: Puerto Rico's Department of Health Says It Is Not Authorized to Provide Updated 2017 Death Statistics
- Al Dia News: The White House's clear resistance to having a web site that Spanish speakers will understand
- NPR: Building A Latino-Muslim Coalition With #TacoTrucksAtEveryMosque