It's the one patron they try very hard to keep out.
That's what the owners of Boston's House of Blues said about the club drug Molly at a hearing at City Hall on Wednesday.
The club defended itself after 19-year-old Brittany Flannigan fatally overdosed on the drug during a Zedd show last week. She was one of three at the club on August 27 that had overdosed on Molly, which is a purified for of MDMA, also known as ecstasy.
Police have ramped up their efforts to bust people possessing the drug. On Wednesday, Quincy police arrested eight people who allegedly possessed or sold Molly at The Ocean Club in the city's Marina Bay.
At this weekend's Electric Zoo music festival in New York, two more young adults fatally overdosed on the drug. Experts say Molly's purity makes it deadly.
Dig Boston contributing editor Chris Faraone and Right Turn Addiction Services CEO Woody Giessmann joined Greater Boston to explain why Molly has become such a drug of choice.