TIME Magazine's most recent cover features a photo of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie with the headline, "The Elephant in the Room?" Is it appropriate to make Christie's weight an issue? Would this be done if it were a female candidate? Is TIME just printing what people are thinking? Or is it offensive?
Jim Braude and Margery Eagan talked to listeners about what they thought about it.
Also on BPR:
- Mayor-elect Marty Walsh joined Jim and Margery to talk about the transition to his administration, negotiations with the policemen's union, and his upcoming (much-needed) vacation.
- Former Boston Mayor and Ambassador Ray Flynn talked directly with Mayor-elect Marty Walsh, then offered his thoughts on the new mayoral era.
- Greg Selkoe, founder of Karmaloop.com and Future Boston Alliance talked about John Connolly's loss in the mayor's race.
- Kara Miller talked about the mighty Amazon.com, its business model, and its quirky founder.
- Colin Kingsbury, writer for Boston magazine, talked about why Mayor-elect Walsh must annex Cambridge, Brookline and many surrounding Boston cities.