On Monday, the nation was stunned by the shooting deaths of 13 at the Navy Yard in Washington, D.C. The suspected shooter, Aaron Alexis, had at least two prior gun-related run-ins with law enforcement.
Jim Braude and Margery Eagan asked callers about the need for stricter gun laws and more stringent background checks for would-be gun owners. What do you think? Leave a comment below, or on our Facebook page.
Also on BPR:
- John King, chief national correspondent for CNN, talked with Jim and Margery from Washington, D.C. about Monday's shooting.
- Marion Nestle discussed why the US is a nation of polar opposites, where hunger can exist on the one hand, and obesity on the other.
- Donald Berwick talked to Jim and Margery about why he should be the next governor of Massachusetts.
- Charlie Sennott — writer for Global Post — talked about his new documentary in partnership with FRONTLINE, about unrest in Egypt.
- Musician Graham Nash — of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young fame — talked about his new book, Wild Tales: A Rock & Roll Life.