- Charlie Sennott explores the Tsarnaev from an international perspective and checks in with us about what's happening with Ground Truth.
- Shannon O'Brien and Charlie Chieppo focus in on local politics, discussing everything from Ed Brooke, and Charlie Baker's challenge to revive the Massachusetts GOP, to Governor Deval Patrick's legacy. [28:54]
- Then we ask you about the Tsarnaev trial. Amid all the problems and concerns, should the government just settle with his lawyers and give him multiple life sentences without parole? [53:10]
- Bob Thompson discusses Naked Dating, bowl ratings, and 2015 crop of season premieres. Plus he previews his own feature on WGBH's American Experience. [1:24:45]
- Reverends Irene Monroe and Emmett Price weigh in Ed Brooke's legacy and they continue their Pope Watch in light of recent new cardinal appointments. [1:49:03]
- We talk to you about the "space savers" trying to protect precious parking in Boston. [2:04:09]
- Shira Springer remembers ESPN's Stuart Scott, and chats about the year ahead in sports, covering everything from college football to her 2015 sports predictions
In this courtroom sketch, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is depicted sitting in federal court Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, in Boston.
Credit: Jane Flavell Collins / AP via NPR
BPR: The Tsarnaev Trial and Remembering Ed Brooke
January 5, 2015