Marty Walsh — current Massachusetts state representative and Mayor-elect of Boston — joined Jim Braude and Margery Eagan to announce a regular segment on BPR called "Ask the Mayor." Mayor-elect Walsh will join Jim and Margery in Studio Three to take listener calls every month.
Also on BPR:
- Boston Globe reporter Bryan Bender talked about the conclusion of the Globe's series about dysfunctional Washington, DC, called Broken City. Bender works for the paper's D.C. bureau. He also spoke about his book You Are Not Forgotten: The Story of a Lost World War II Pilot and a Twenty-First Century Soldier's Mission to Bring Him Home.
- Do you think Washington is broken? Jim and Margery polled listener enthusiasm for national lawmakers.
- Where do you come down on the time-honored holiday tradition of re-gifting? Listeners weighed in on the relative tackiness of pawning your gifts off on unsuspecting friends.
- Boston Globe columnist Alex Beam joined Jim and Margery to talk about why he'd kill Logan Airport's snowy owl population, as well as where he stands on re-gifting etiquette.
- WGBH Innovation Hub host Kara Miller talked about holiday credit card fraud as Cyber Monday and online sales grow bigger each year.