- CNN's John King talked about the immigration battle in Washington, D.C.
- Michele Simon joined Jim and Margery to talk about food manufacturers' newest strategy: preparing food "imperfectly" so that it looks homemade and more appealing to consumers. Simon is a public health lawyer and author of Appetite for Profit: How the Food Industry Undermines Our Health and How to Fight Back.
- Tuesday night Gabriel Gomez and Rep. Ed Markey faced off in their third and final debate. Jim and Margery recapped the debate highlights.
- Boston Globe editor Brian McGrory was today's Open Mic guest.
- WGBH's Adam Reilly gave listeners an update on the James "Whitey" Bulger trial.
- Author Larry Tye joined Jim and Margery to talk about the new Superman movie. Tye is the author of Superman: The High-Flying History of America's Most Enduring Superhero.
Republican Gabriel Gomez, moderator R.D. Sahl, and Democrat Rep. Ed Markey.
Credit: Meredith Nierman / WGBH
BPR: Parsing Gomez Vs. Rep. Markey, Imperfect Foods, CNN's John King, Globe's Brian McGrory
June 19, 2013