- CNN's John King talked about the accidental outing of a CIA officer in Afghanistan, Hillary Clinton 2016, and the down-and-out Boston Red Sox. King is the host of Inside Politics, which airs Sundays at 8:30 AM on CNN.
- David Frank — a lawyer and managing editor of Mass Lawyers Weekly — reacted to the guilty plea of Jared Remy in the murder of Jennifer Martel. After, Jim and Margery took calls from listeners about whether there is a latent hostility towards women that we have failed, collectively, to address.
- Harvard Business School historian Nancy Koehn talked about the art of the commencement speech. What speeches break through, and which ones fall flat? Nancy mentioned her favorite speech — David Foster Wallace's speech at Kenyon College in 2007. Koehn is the author of Ernest Shackleton Exploring Leadership.
- Should the sins of the son be visited on the father? Jim and Margery asked listeners whether Jerry Remy should be held accountable for his son's crimes, and whether he should retire from the Red Sox announce booth.
- Ethan Gilsdorf, author of Fantasy Freaks and Gaming Geeks, talked about a forthcoming translation of the landmark Beowulf by J.R.R. Tolkien, author of The Hobbit. Gilsdorf also talked about the new Legoland Discovery Center in Boston.
The Waltham apartment complex where Jennifer Martel and Jared Remy lived. Remy plead guilty to first-degree murder in the death of Martel on Tuesday.
Credit: Anne Mostue / WGBH
BPR: John King, Remy Guilty Plea, War On Women, Nancy Koehn, Jerry Remy, Beowulf
May 27, 2014