- Gaming Commissioner Stephen Crosby announced Thursday he would recuse himself from the Eastern Mass. casino process. Jim and Margery opened the lines to ask listeners if they have lost all faith in the casino process.
- Corby Kummer — food writer for The Atlantic and Boston Magazine — talked about Boston's strong showing in the 2014 James Beard Awards.
- Boston Globe business columnist Shirley Leung joined Jim and Margery to talk about her Friday piece about businesses wooing back mothers who have left the workforce.
- Greater Boston and Beat the Press host Emily Rooney was back with her famous list of gripes and observations, Emily's List.
- Chef Lilly Jan talked about Korean grocer H-Mart, which recently opened a location in Cambridge's Central Square. Jan also picked her favorite ramen places in Boston.
- For the Friday News Quiz, beer aficionados Norman Miller and Lauren Clark went head-to-head over the week's news. Norman Miller is the author of Boston Beer: A History of Brewing in the Hub, and the curator of the Beer Nut blog. Lauren Clark is the author of Crafty Bastards: Beer in New England from the Mayflower to Modern Day. Clark is also the founder of the site DrinkBoston.
Gaming Commissioner Stephen Crosby announced Thursday he would recuse himself from the casino process in Eastern Massachusetts.
Credit: Office of Governor Patrick / Flickr
BPR: Casinos, Corby Kummer, Working Mothers, Emily Rooney, Lilly Jan, Friday News Quiz
May 9, 2014