How much of an impact does a tax-free holiday actually have on the Massachusetts economy? Will the historic Hotel Alexandra finally get the makeover it deserves? And could the Pawtucket Red Sox become the Worcester Red Sox? All that and more local news from the week that you may have missed!
- Gin Dumcius, Statehouse reporter for MassLive. Follow Gin on Twitter.
- Sue O’Connell, host of NECN’s “The Take with Sue O’Connell” and the co-publisher of Bay Windows and the South End News. Follow Sue on Twitter.
- Jennifer Smith, news editor for the Dorchester Reporter. Follow Jennifer on Twitter.
Stories we discussed on this week's roundtable:
- MassLive: Sales tax holiday: No August sales tax holiday in Massachusetts this year
- MassLive: Permanent Massachusetts sales tax holiday? Retailers group weighs ballot campaign and lowering state tax rate
- South End News: Hotel Alexandra Finds a Buyer
- MassLive: Massachusetts in 'active discussions' with Pawtucket Red Sox, Gov. Charlie Baker's economic development chief says
- Dorchester Reporter: Boston’s Slow Streets adds two new zones in Dorchester
- Boston Globe: South End renters hope legal fight stops evictions