What's the deal with ICE's new detainer policy? Is Saturday Night Live's Michael Che right: Is Boston racist? And the fight between Somerville Mayor Joseph Curtatone and Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson gets heated on social media. All that and more in this week's Latinx roundtable!
- Julio Ricardo Varela, digital editor for the Futuro Media Group, co-host of the podcast “In The Thick," contributor to NPR’s Latino USA and founder of Latino Rebels. Follow Julio on Twitter.
- Marcela Garcia, bilingual journalist and editorial writer, columnist and editorial board member for the Boston Globe. Follow Marcela on Twitter.
Stories and content we discussed on this week's roundtable:
- Washington Post: "These Hispanic contractors offered to build Trump’s border wall. Then the death threats began"
- Latino USA: "National Immigrant Rights Group Slams ICE’s New Detainer Policy"
- Latino USA: "In Boston, Federal Judge Holds One Vermont Immigrant Activist, Releases Two Others"
- Boston Globe: "Somerville mayor calls Bristol sheriff ‘jack-booted thug’ in sanctuary spat"
- Boston Globe opinion: "Yes, Boston, you are racist"
A clip from the PBS Independent Lens film, "Ovarian Psycos"